I will never tire of doing these challenges because the fact that people are reading and loving my blog means the world to me. This week, the wonderful Ami, who is the creator of Undercover Superhero, nominated me for my second Liebster Award. Regular readers of my blog will know that I am a huge fan of Ami and her blog, which I highly recommend you check out if you haven’t done so already. She’s doing amazing work in raising awareness of disabilities and chronic illness by sharing not only her own story, but others’ stories as well. She is one of the members of the blogging community who has supported me from the start of my writing journey and I’m so grateful to her for nominating me!
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a peer recognition award for up and coming bloggers, and the rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Tell your nominees through social media
- I have a huge crush on Greg James.
- I’ve only listened to it once, but Taylor Swift’s Lover album is officially my favourite album ever.
- I own a lot of notebooks – I’m a huge stationery lover so in addition to buying them for myself all the time they’re a common present for birthdays and Christmas.
- My Chamilia bracelet consists mainly of Disney charms.
- I drive a 2007 Ford Ka. I call it Dory because of how blue it is.
- My best friend and I are off to Disneyland next weekend and I am SO GODDAMN EXCITED.
- I’m obsessed with Yankee Candles and have a bag full of them in my wardrobe.
- My favourite sweets are cola flavour Millions.
- My husband and I have seen a lot of comedy shows over the years, my favourite being Lee Evans’ Monsters tour.
- I love singing in my car.
- I’m still at the stage of adulting where I instantly throw credit card bills into the shredder without actually reading them.
Do you treat others better than yourself?
Honestly, I don’t think I do. It’s one of my worst traits. I openly admit that I’m incredibly selfish – I don’t think I’ll make a good parent!
Do you give second chances?
It generally depends on the circumstances. Quite often I have done and it’s come back to bite me in the ass.
Have you ever met someone famous?
We’ve met Jimmy Carr a few times. He often does meet and greets at the end of his shows. He’s ever so nice and he smells really good. We’ve also met Ed Byrne and Chris Ramsey too. Both are lovely!
Do you follow trends or start them?
Definitely follow them.
When was the last time you surprised yourself?
A long time ago! I managed to hold a side plank recently though so I was pretty impressed at that.
What’s something you enjoy the old fashioned way?
Kind of a boring answer, but reading! Everyone has Kindles and stuff these days but you can’t beat the feeling of a proper book!
Do you remember The Powerpuff Girls? If so, who was your favourite?
Of course! One of the highlights of my childhood! I went through phases where I liked each one the best, but I think if I had to pick one it’d be Blossom!
Do you have a favourite flower?
Gerberas are always so pretty!
Do you find writing therapeutic?
What was the best question you’ve ever been asked?
Honestly? At times when I’ve been really struggling, being asked “are you okay?” is literally the best question ever.
Which tongue-twister is the hardest for you? For example, red lorry, yellow lorry! Or, she sells sea shells on the sea shore! Or, shut up the shutters and sit in the shop! There are loads more!
Probably all of them – I’m really bad at tongue twisters!
This is always the part I struggle with most! I can never remember who I’ve nominated and who I haven’t, so as per my last nomination post, I’m going to ask you to check out my previous Liebster Award post and go pay a visit to the lovely bloggers I’ve mentioned there! Show them some love, and give them a follow!